Khowarib Lodge is situated on the banks of the Hoanib River in the unique Khowarib Gorge in northwestern Namibia. 14 canvas chalets rise above the shore on stilts, offering a unique view under shade of the cliffs opposite. Located on the border of Kaokoland, the lodge is the perfect base for touring the remote northwest of the country – on your own or with one of the lodge’s extensive guided tours. The immediate area of Damaraland has many interesting activities to offer, including the desert elephant or the Himba settlement nearby.Khowarib Lodge prides itself on the service provided by the Damaran people. In particular, we would like to highlight our guides who have known the region for many years and have unrivaled knowledge of the local environment and wildlife.
Besides the unique natural beauty, the lodge offers many tours and attractions for the guests (bookable):
- The search for the desert elephant in the Hoanib River region.
- Rhino tracking near south of Khowarib
- Nature walks in the Khowarib gorge. Game viewing on foot in the region.
- Visit to the indigenous Himba nomadic tribe in their villages north of the camp.
- Half day bird watching tours with local experts
- Rock Art Excursions in Kaokoland and Damaraland