It’s like returning to paradise after your adventures in the Palmwag Conservation Area. The illuminated portal stands against the deep blue evening sky like the confirmation of having finally arrived. Time for reward. There’s still enough time for a few dips in the pool before the evening buffet, but dreaming about the day’s experiences on the bar deck while Flora serves a Malawi Shandy wouldn’t be wrong either. The question: And what will we do tomorrow? The keyword safari has a special ring here, where the world’s largest population of the endangered black rhino tramples the sparse greenery alongside the legendary desert elephants. Lions, cheetahs, leopards, brown and spotted hyenas combine to create the largest predator density outside of Etosha National Park. A comfortable menu of kudu, oryx antelope, springbok and zebra serve as appetizers for them. Occasionally also a giraffe after a fierce fight. On two game drives daily, we take our guests to where city dwellers need heart drops.When the sun has departed in an incredible setting spectacle, the last act of the day begins on the veranda in front of your cozy chalet or safari tent: the dream of a night under the billions of stars of the southern hemisphere.
- Half Day Game Drive (Guided) – An approximately 4 hour morning or afternoon safari into the Palmwag Concession area. With a little luck you will spot rhinos and desert elephants; the reserve is also home to the largest predator population outside Etosha National Park. Drinks and light snacks are included.
- Full day excursion to the wildlife of Damaraland – On this varied full day excursion you will discover the beauty and abundance of wildlife of Damaraland (min. 4 persons).
- Guided morning walk – Join a walking group under expert guidance and explore Damaraland on foot (approx. 1.5 hours).
- On the tracks of the rhinos – Follow the tracks of the rare black rhinos with an experienced guide. An open safari car will take you to the Palmwag concession area, rhino tracking will be done on foot.
- Excursion with overnight stay in a tent – An adventurous trip for 2 to 8 people. Your guide will take you on a nature drive to a tented camp in the Palmwag concession area where you will spend the night. Sit comfortably around the campfire and enjoy a hearty dinner.