Among the city’s fascinating contrasts and ancient traditions, Gondwana’s Delight is a breath of fresh air in the desert. Our modern, uplifting and welcoming hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the pier and is the ideal base for your stay.
Every effort is made to surprise and delight guests with thoughtful details and locally inspired reasons to smile. From the simple comfort of our hotel, to the warm and welcoming service Gondwana is known for, to the assistance of our knowledgeable Delight Host with everything from activity bookings to dinner reservations, your stay is always an effortless and memorable experience.
Swakopmund activity suggestions:
- Catamaran Charters offers boat trips in the Walvis Bay Lagoon in four luxurious catamarans. In search of the Big 5 of the seas, guests will enjoy an unforgettable experience.https://www.sunsailnamibia.com/
- Living Desert Tour – With didactic finesse, charisma and a lot of humor, Chris Nel explains the fauna and flora of the desert world around Swakopmund. Starting with a short excursion to the mouth of the Swakop River, we follow a path into the dunes of the Dorob National Park proclaimed in 2010.http://www.tommys.iway.na/
- Namib Round Trips – Exclusive and luxurious flying safaris are offered to many of Namibia’s coastal attractions. Highlights are the Namib Desert and Sossusvlei, Sandwich Harbour, the Skeleton Coast with its many shipwrecks, Kuiseb Canyon, Cape Cross with its huge seal colony and much more.
- Sandwich Harbour 4×4 – The beautiful dunes of the Namib meet the rough Atlantic Ocean: The off-road vehicle excursion of “Sandwich Harbour 4×4” to Sandwich Harbour south of Walvis Bay is scenically unique, exciting and ingeniously organized.https://www.sandwich-harbour.com/
- Historian Dune Tour – The Historian Dune Tour by Fanie du Preez, head of Kuiseb Delta Adventures, is a special feature of all activities offered in and around Swakopmund and Walvis Bay.
- Kayak Tour “Eco Marine” – Namibia Kayak Tours offer a half-day eco-friendly kayak experience with the Cape Fur Seals. When the season is right, dolphins, whales and the illusive mola-mola (sunfish) appear. With no prior knowledge, young and old can benefit from this trip of a lifetime. On the 60-minute scenic drive to the Pelican Point peninsula, where your kayaking adventure begins, our guides will enlighten you with a wealth of knowledge about the diverse wildlife of the Walvis Bay coastline. Our very stable double kayaks sit on the water where we rarely experience big waves. We supply waterproof clothing and pack sacks for your cameras as the seals like to splash. In good weather we go + – 1,5 hours by kayak. Afterwards you can enjoy a picnic on the beach before we drive back to Walvis Bay via the salt mines. https://www.namibia-kayak-tours.com/