At some point in the south-east of Namibia you will only see red. This is the thorn bush savannah of the Kalahari. Even the Okavango, which has made it this far after 1,700 kilometres, gives up and seeps away without a trace in the bright red sand of the desert. A fantastic landscape, bizarre, captivating and in the light of the low sun of picturesque beauty. Then the sand begins to shimmer as if from an inner fire, peace returns to the camel thorn trees and the world seems to stand still for a moment.
In the middle of this picture lies an oasis of indulgence, Kalahari Anib Lodge. Those who imagine a sparse, silted-up caravanserai under the terms desert and oasis will not believe their eyes. The 36 rooms of the bungalows are grouped around a shady courtyard where, flanked by lush trees, the turquoise-green pool awaits your exultant entry. And the barman is also waiting, full of attention, for a hint at which deckchair he may put your cocktail down. Irretrievable hours go by that actually belong in the Guinness Book of Wellbeing Records, and yet are only the overture to atmospheric evenings at the set tables in the open restaurant.
- Morning or sunset drive – A guide will take you to unforgettable vantage points on red dune ridges during the approximately 3-hour drive in an open safari car. Refreshments and a snack are included in the price. Please book in advance or with the lodge. Departure: 30 minutes before sunrise or 30 minutes before sunset.
- Kalahari E-Bike Tours (self guided) – Explore the Kalahari by e-bike. You cycle on fixed routes through the Gondwana Kalahari Park. A map is available at the reception. Please book the e-bike tours on site at the lodge. Please ask the lodge directly for the price.
- Guided Dune Walk – Experience the Kalahari up close on a 3-hour walk with an experienced guide. Refreshments and a snack are included in the price. Morning only. Please book directly with the lodge. Upon request. Please ask the lodge directly for the price.
- Family morning excursion (guided) – This two-hour nature drive with an expert guide takes you up a high dune. The red sand invites the children to play. Pure relaxation with hot coffee and cocoa. The guide explains to the children (and their parents) interesting facts about the flora and fauna of the Kalahari. Morning only. Please book directly with the lodge. Please ask the lodge directly for the price.
- Hikes (on your own) Explore the Kalahari on foot on your own. A hiking map is available at the reception. Free of charge.